Action Now won the Sponsorship of the Year 2020
Publisert 16. June 2021
FK Bodø / Glimt’s sustainability program won national sponsor award.
At Aspmyra Stadium, there is great excitement associated with tonight’s match against Strømsgodset, and a draw for the second qualifying round in the Champions League.
There was also great excitement about the awarding of the national prize for Sponsorship of the Year, at the Sponsorship and Event Association’s annual award ceremony. Here, Glimt and the 8 sustainability ambassadors (the seafood network #actionnow14, BDO, Bodø Energi, Coca-Cola, Iris Salten, Nordic Smarthouse, Sparebank1 Nord-Norge and Ultimate Nordic / Diadora) were nominated for sustainability work in and around Action Now.
The other nominees for the award were:
- OBOS, the Norwegian Ski Association and JCP
- Equinor and the Science Center Association
- Telenor and the Norwegian Red Cross
- DNT and Mondelez / Quick Lunch
The jury’s reasoning:
By using their influence in a city and region, to more than create enthusiasm for great sporting achievements, they are able to not only create value for themselves. They also contribute to urban and community development. This is done in a way that strengthens both our own and the sponsors ‘position by being a driving force for the sponsors’ work with the sustainability goals. They have even managed to make money on something that, for most people, is an expense item. This should inspire more people to think creatively about how to use their own position to create greater value for themselves and partners, but not least, also for society.
General manager of FK Bodø / Glimt Frode Thomassen was very happy and surprised when the award ended up in Bodø.
– Are you kidding now? It was incredibly fun! Now I’m very surprised. There are so many other good players involved, says Thomassen when he is surprised with the award.
An enormous recognition for us
Thomassen sensed peace and no danger and thought he would run in an interview about the nomination when he was presented with the award.
– What can you say? There has been a lot of work for a long time with this from many in the club. We rebuilt our partner program from being a pure logo exposure to becoming more of a meeting place. Suddenly we are here with a price.
Also head of marketing and sales at the club, Tom Steffensen was pleased after the announcement of the award.
– This is a huge recognition for us, and the way we work to innovate partnerships. It should be a win for both parties, and we should do good things together. It is insanely fun to be able to share this award with our eight sustainability ambassadors, other partners and the club at large.
– Where Action Now is today is not where Action Now will be in a year. It is a continuous development, with the goal that this will be an international grassroots movement that fronts the sustainability goals via sports. Sport has a unique position in society, and reaches the people. That position must be used and taken by sports teams around the world, and we feel we grasp it well with Action Now, says Steffensen.